The Alaska Rural Utility Collaborative (ARUC)
ARUC manages water and sewer systems in partnership with rural Alaska communities. ARUC management will result in a more cost-effective operations and maintenance .
Important features of ARUC:
· ARUC sets rates with community council input. Each community's rates are set to be self-supporting, so rates will vary per community.
· ARUC hires a local water plant operator (and backup) in each community at good wages and retirement benefits.
· ARUC purchases all fuel, parts, electricity, etc. for water/sewer system with money collected from water/sewer customers.
· ARUC often can find grant money to purchase fuel, supplies, and needed parts and repairs for ARUC communities in the first year of membership.
· ARUC communities meet all RUBA essential indicators, unless a community owes IRS taxes.
· Each ARUC community selects a community member to represent them on the ARUC Advisory Committee that meets four times per year.
· ARUC communities receive monthly financial statements and yearly reports. Money from each community’s customers is only used to pay expenses from that community.
Current Members of ARUC:
Ambler, Chevak, Chignik Lagoon, Chignik Lake, Deering, Golovin, Goodnews Bay, Holy Cross, Kiana, Kobuk, Kotlik, Lower Kalskag, New Stuyahok, Newhalen, Noorvik, Pitkas Point, Quinhagak, Russian Mission, St. Michael, Savoonga, Scammon Bay, Shungnak, Sleetmute, South Naknek, Toksook Bay, Tyonek, and Upper Kalskag
View the ARUC YouTube Video You will need the latest Adobe Flash Player to view the video.
ARUC Report of Activities 2014 [PDF]
ARUC Report of Activities 2013 [PDF]
ARUC Customer Service Forms:
Residential Utility Service Agreement Form
Commercial Water & Wastewater Service Agreement Form
Metered Commercial Water & Wastewater Service Agreement Form
Service Change Form
Customer Labor Request Form
New Construction Water & Sewer Connection Application Form
For more information about the ARUC program, contact the ARUC Program Administrator. If you have any billing concerns or questions regarding ARUC, contact the Accounting Specialist. You can also contact ARUC staff toll free at 1-866-205-7581.