The Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Clinic treats a wide variety of medical and surgical problems related to the ears, nose, throat, as well as surgery on many problems in the neck. ENT provides the following services:
- Myringotomy with tubes (ear tubes)
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Direct laryngoscopy
- Neck dissection
- Thyroid lobectomy
- Excision of lesions
- Excision of masses
Below is a list of diagnosis and diseases that are routinely treated:
- Ear diseases/diagnoses:
- Otitis externa (ear pain) or recurrent ear infections,
- Otitis media (OM)
- Recurrent acute otitis media (RAOM)
- Acute otitis media (AOM)
- Otitis media (OM)
- Serous otitis media (SOM)
- TM perforation(s) (tympanic membrane) – ear drum
- Hearing loss / sensorineural hearing loss / conductive hearing loss
- Vertigo, dizziness, tinnitus
- Eustachian tube disorder (ETD)
- Ear drainage (requires an audio per ENT doctors)
- Nose diseases:
- Nasal fractures
- Rhinitis (nasal drainage)
- Nasal septal deviation
- Sleep apnea, snoring
- Throat diseases:
- Recurrent strep pharyngitis
- Recurrent tonsillitis
- Enlarged tonsils, swollen tonsils, anything with tonsils really.
- Lymph nodes of neck
- Tonsillar hypertrophy (enlarged tonsils)
How do I make an appointment?
To make an appointment, you must first receive a referral from your primary care provider or another specialty clinic.
If you have any questions, please contact our clinic and we can work with you and your provider on the appropriate referral.
Frequently Asked Questions
I don’t live in Anchorage, will housing be provided?
Yes, in most instances housing is provided for patients outside of the 90-mile radius of the Anchorage bowl.
Why do I need a hearing test before my appointment?
An audiogram is needed to assist in diagnosing potential ear issues.
Is my first visit to set me up for surgery?
No, even though your primary care provider may feel you need surgery, the ENT specialist needs to conduct a thorough exam and confirm they believe surgery is needed.
Clinic Hours and Contact Information
Hours: 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
Phone: (907) 729-1400
Location: Second floor of the University Lake Medical Center
3801 University Lake Drive