Tel: (907) 729-1301
Fax: (907) 729-3638
ANTHC Board of Directors $5,000 Scholarship 2023-24 Application period is now closed
The Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium awards ten (10) competitive $5,000 scholarships to qualified Alaska Native and American Indian students statewide to increase Alaska Native and American Indian people working in health care fields. The 2024-2025 application period will open in the spring of 2024. More information can be found here.
Alaska Pacific University scholarship program for Alaska Tribal Health System employees
Alaska Pacific University offers a scholarship for employees, board members, and dependents of the Alaska Tribal Health System. The tuition scholarship provides awards for up to 30% of tuition at APU for degree or certificate programs or 100% for up to five high school student dependents for the Early Honors program. Employees, board members, and their dependents must complete the scholarship application and be admitted to APU by the deadlines to be eligible for the term of enrollment.
Indian Health Service (IHS) Educational Opportunities:
The Education, Development and Training (EDT) department facilitates the Indian Health Service (IHS) Scholarship and Externship programs for the Alaska Area. The scholarship provides selected recipients who are Alaska Native or American Indian with paid tuition, related fees, a small amount for travel and books, and a monthly stipend for living expenses. As the Alaska Area p Coordination office, we provide support and direction to applicants, continuing scholars, and liaison with the IHS Scholarship branch staff. The selection process and disbursement of scholarship funds is directly managed by the IHS Scholarships branch in Rockville, MD.
The IHS Scholarship program is a very competitive national scholarship program. It funds three (3) health career and allied health career scholarship programs:
- Health Professions Preparatory Scholarship Program – Section 103 (b)(1)
- Health Professions Pregraduate Scholarship Program – Section 103 (b)(2)
- Health Professions Scholarship Program – Section 104
- IHS Scholarship Application and Required Forms
- Must be Alaska Native/American Indian and provide documentation of tribal enrollment or proof of descent from a federally recognized tribe
- Current Letter of Acceptance from selected educational institution listing declared degree or proof of application
- Official Transcripts from all colleges attended or high school transcripts if less than 12 college credits have been earned
The IHS Scholarship program application cycle is currently CLOSED. The application cycle is typically open between December – March. Please visit the IHS Scholarship website for next upcoming application dates.