Alaska Liver Disease ECHO
Learn together, Care together.
The Liver Disease and Hepatitis Program and consultants from Pharmacy, Diabetes and Behavioral Health have partnered with the Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board to create AK Liver Disease ECHO, a comprehensive program to assist Tribal Healthcare Providers to provide better care of Alaska Native/American Indian patients with liver disease.
Each session begins with a liver disease didactic presented by a subject matter expert followed by one or more case presentations by a provider(s) to the subject matter experts who can provide holistic, best practices input.
Continuing education credits are available.
What is it about?
This partnership aims to:
- Increase Tribal health care providers’ knowledge about diagnosis, treatment, management, and prevention of liver disease.
- Help providers gain confidence and competence in providing the best liver disease care.
- Work towards reducing morbidity and mortality in Alaska Native/American Indian people living with all types of liver disease.
Who should attend?
Tribal primary care health providers, nurses, pharmacists, behavioral health care and community health care workers who want to learn best practices and gain competence and confidence in diagnosing and treating the wide range of liver diseases that affect Alaska Native/American Indian patients are welcome to attend.
The third Thursday of each month noon-1 p.m. Alaska Standard Time, via Zoom throughout 2022.
AK Liver Disease ECHO:
|August 18||Most Common Liver Toxic Drugs (and how to use LiverTox website)||Brittney Keener, PharmD|
|September 15||Trauma Informed Care and Liver Disease||TBD|
|October 20||Screening for Alcohol Use Disorder||TBD|
|November 17||Medication Assisted Treatment||TBD|
|December 15||HCC Surveillance – Are We Doing Enough?||Brian McMahon, MD|
Register here for updates and to receive the Zoom link.
Please contact us about submitting a case presentation or for any questions.
Past Session Recordings:
- AIH in AN/AI Population in Alaska, didactic recording
- AIH in AN/AI Population in Alaska, PowerPoint slides
- Hepatitis B and Other Vaccine Updates, didactic recording
- Hepatitis B and Other Vaccine Updates, PowerPoint slides
- NAFLD Series Part 2 – Exercise and Nutrition for NAFLD, didactic recording
- NAFLD Series Part 2 – Exercise and Nutrition for NAFLD, PowerPoint slides
- NAFLD Series Part 1 – Does this patient need to be referred for further work up?, didactic recording
- All About Portal Vein Thrombosis, didactic recording
- All About Portal Vein Thrombosis, PowerPoint slides
- Treatment of Acute Alcohol Hepatitis, didactic recording
- Treatment of Acute Alcohol Hepatitis, PowerPoint slides
- Portal Hypertension and Varices, didactic recording
- Portal Hypertension and Varices, PowerPoint slides
- Non-Invasive Markers for Liver Fibrosis, didactic recording
- Non-Invasive Markers for Liver Fibrosis, PowerPoint slides
- Evaluating Abnormal Liver Function Tests, didactic recording
- Evaluating Abnormal Liver Function Tests, PowerPoint slides
~This project is supported by a grant from the Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board and funding is provided from the HHS Secretary’s Minority HIV/AIDS Fund.