Alaska Liver Disease ECHO
Learn together, Care together.
The Liver Disease and Hepatitis Program and consultants from Pharmacy, Diabetes and Behavioral Health have partnered with the Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board to create AK Liver Disease ECHO, a comprehensive program to assist Tribal Healthcare Providers to provide better care of Alaska Native/American Indian patients with liver disease.
Each session begins with a liver disease didactic presented by a subject matter expert followed by one or more case presentations by a provider(s) to the subject matter experts who can provide holistic, best practices input.
Continuing education credits are available.
What is it about?
This partnership aims to:
- Increase Tribal health care providers’ knowledge about diagnosis, treatment, management, and prevention of liver disease.
- Help providers gain confidence and competence in providing the best liver disease care.
- Work towards reducing morbidity and mortality in Alaska Native/American Indian people living with all types of liver disease.
Who should attend?
Tribal primary care health providers, nurses, pharmacists, behavioral health care and community health care workers who want to learn best practices and gain competence and confidence in diagnosing and treating the wide range of liver diseases that affect Alaska Native/American Indian patients are welcome to attend.
The third Thursday of each month noon-1 p.m. Alaska Standard Time, via Zoom throughout 2023.
AK Liver Disease ECHO:2023 Theme: Ways You Can Reduce Morbidity and Mortality From Liver Disease
|April 20||Managing Cirrhosis – include Algorithms, Care Sheets||Annette Hewitt, ANP|
|May 18||Addressing Safe Medication Prescribing||Brittany Keener, PharmD, MPH, BCPS|
|June 15||Effective Strategies for Alcohol Use Disorder Screening – When, Where, and How to Implement||Brian McMahon, MD|
|July 20||Emphasizing Nutrition for Liver Health||Anne Fleetwood, MS, RDN, NDN|
|August 17||Importance of diabetes management in NAFLD/NASH||Kena Desai, MD|
|September 21||Recognizing Common Autoimmune Liver Diseases Seen in AN/AI people||TBA|
|October 19||Stressing Importance of Exercise as NAFLD Treatment – Now that It is Getting Dark and Cold||Physiologist|
|November 16||Being Alert to DILI||Pharmacist|
|December 21||Putting It All Together – What’s Been Done/What’s Next||Panel|
Register here for updates and to receive the Zoom link.
Please contact us about submitting a case presentation or for any questions.
Past Session Recordings:
- Ensuring Regular HCC Surveillance, didactic recording
- Ensuring Regular HCC Surveillance, PowerPoint slides
- Metabolic Associated Fatty Liver Disease and FIB4, didactic recording
- Metabolic Associated Fatty Liver Disease and FIB4, PowerPoint slides
- Challenges Faced with Screening and Linkage to Care/Treatment for Hepatitis C, didactic recording
- HCC Surveillance – Are We Doing Enough?, didactic recording
- HCC Surveillance – Are We Doing Enough?, PowerPoint slides
- Medication for Addiction Treatment (MAT), didactic recording
- Medication for Addiction Treatment (MAT), PowerPoint slides
- Screening for Alcohol Use Disorder, didactic recording
- Screening for Alcohol Use Disorder, PowerPoint slides
- Trauma Informed Care and Liver Disease, didactic recording
- Trauma Informed Care and Liver Disease, PowerPoint slides
- Most Common Liver Toxic Drugs (and how to use LiverTox website), didactic recording
- Most Common Liver Toxic Drugs (and how to use LiverTox website), PowerPoint slides
- PBC/Overlap, didactic recording
- PBC/Overlap, PowerPoint slides
- AIH in AN/AI Population in Alaska, didactic recording
- AIH in AN/AI Population in Alaska, PowerPoint slides
- Hepatitis B and Other Vaccine Updates, didactic recording
- Hepatitis B and Other Vaccine Updates, PowerPoint slides
- Future Drugs for NAFLD, didactic recording
- Future Drugs for NAFLD, PowerPoint slides
- Diabetes Drugs that Help NAFLD, didactic recording
- Diabetes Drugs that Help NAFLD, PowerPoint slides
- NAFLD Series Part 2 – Exercise and Nutrition for NAFLD, didactic recording
- NAFLD Series Part 2 – Exercise and Nutrition for NAFLD, PowerPoint slides
- NAFLD Series Part 1 – Does this patient need to be referred for further work up?, didactic recording
- All About Portal Vein Thrombosis, didactic recording
- All About Portal Vein Thrombosis, PowerPoint slides
- Nutrition and the Liver, didactic recording
- Nutrition and the Liver, PowerPoint slides
- Treatment of Acute Alcohol Hepatitis, didactic recording
- Treatment of Acute Alcohol Hepatitis, PowerPoint slides
- HCC Surveillance, didactic recording
- HCC Surveillance, PowerPoint slides
- Drug-induced Liver Injury, didactic recording
- Drug-induced Liver Injury, PowerPoint slides
- Portal Hypertension and Varices, didactic recording
- Portal Hypertension and Varices, PowerPoint slides
- Motivational Interviewing, didactic recording
- Motivational Interviewing, PowerPoint slides
- Management of Ascites, didactic recording
- Management of Ascites, PowerPoint slides
- Non-Invasive Markers for Liver Fibrosis, didactic recording
- Non-Invasive Markers for Liver Fibrosis, PowerPoint slides
- Evaluating Abnormal Liver Function Tests, didactic recording
- Evaluating Abnormal Liver Function Tests, PowerPoint slides
- Physiology of the Liver, didactic recording
- Physiology of the Liver, PowerPoint slides
~This project is supported by a grant from the Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board and funding is provided from the HHS Secretary’s Minority HIV/AIDS Fund.